Friday, January 29, 2010

Late Night with Jimmy

No, not late nighting with Jimmy the Son, or even the many late bed-resting pregnancy hours I spent with Jimmy Kimmel Live!, but the actual Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC. I haven't watched much of this show until recently, and completely fell in love with the Fallon version of Jimmy while watching him get Beatley Starr-struck on last night's episode.



I was still gushing about it when my hubby came home from work at 2am, and was surprised to hear about his fondness for Jimmy Fallon's "innocent, childlike charm." He can be kind of hard on comedians and improvisationalists, so it was nice to learn we were on the same side.

It makes me feel bad for NBC, I miss the heydays of Must See TV, when Dateline wasn't a creepy joke, when my rabbit ears were a gleaming vessel of NBC light from the 13-inch tv on the floor of my 300 sf apartment. Now NBC's in the gutter, fourth in the ratings, and it should be after what it did to Conan---but there's still great talent like Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan, the entire production of The Office, Jimmy Fallon, Kristen Wiig, Amy Poehler, etc. As much as I lean ABC these days I still hold up a feather for the ailing peacock.

But Matt Lauer can still GTH.

0 comments:

Post a Comment