Monday, September 14, 2009

Triumphant Weather for a Visitor

Today at the credit union Jimmy and I found ourselves nose-to-nose with an Old Port visitor.


Red circle on the left, prow. On the right, credit union.


From the front.


The Carnival Triumph!

These ships are a pretty impressive figures, all docked in our little town. It was perfect weather today and if you look closely, you can see it peeking from behind a few buildings.



And from behind the Wyland Whale Wall.



And look! Last year I wrote about WMTW's Jackie Couture, that's her below!



All in all, pretty neat! Portland's 2009 Berthing Schedule can be found here.

2 comments:

Chrissi said...

Does it say something about me that I'm more excited about the Wyland Whale Wall than the giant 16 story cruise ship behind it? ;) I love the Whale Wall in Wildwood, NJ, but it's been looking really rundown the last few years. :( There used to be a Wyland Store inside the boardwalk mall (now basically the boardwalk version of a dirt mall) that the mural is painted on, but it's not there anymore, so I can't buy Wyland mugs for my dad and pretend I've never bought him one as a souvenir before. ;)

Libbytown said...

It just means you're cool. =D

Post a Comment