Friday, September 4, 2009

All these lovely tokens

Today Jimmy took a business class seat aboard Mumma's Heel-Toe Express to fetch something local for dinner at The Fishermen's Net.


The Fishermen's Net's new Forest Ave billboard...if I recall correctly the previous one was an old blue pickup. 'Lobser' is cheap these days.

When we got home Wally was making Iced Mint Leaf Tea.



And few hours later our End of Summer dinner looked like this.


Haddock, steamers, our garden beans, and homemade iced mint leaf tea.

Jimmy had leftover spaghetti. =D

I also read the best quote about September posted by fellow Facebookian, Andrea M:
By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer's best of weather,
And autumn's best of cheer.
Helen Hunt Jackson
I was just saying to Wally how September is so weird, it makes me anxious how it's not really summer, not really fall, you cling to warm days knowing they're in short supply, you know what's coming (WINTER!!), you never know what to wear, the month is just suspending there with no festivities except for the first day of school. I felt a little guilty for thinking September was just unsettling, or 'summer's afterthought' at best, so a big token of gratitude is owed to Andrea and Helen for squaring away this monthumental problem for me. I now know that September is to be cherished. Thanks, ladies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment