Saturday, November 7, 2009

Nature Repeats Itself

I find it fascinating that natural patterns are everywhere.

There are Star Shapes







And Heart Shapes







And Spiral Shapes







And Pear Shapes





And repeats of Blue





And Orange





And Brown Log Shapes...





...whoa, sorry, I only say that one because of the firewood that hubby calls "the shitwood" as in "it's not that frigid out so use the shitwood in the fire tonight." It's from the tree that he had to trim to build the fence, it's Box Elder wood and not as quality as the split hardwood that we have out there.

The shitwood in action:



It turns out that it's actually not all that shitty. It's dry and Jimmy and I are nice and warm and I'm certainly thankful that it doesn't smell like burning shit, so I wanted to give it a break from the name "shitwood." However, when the fire is rolling and stove is open for loading, this wood does give off the faintest, ever most lightest whisper of...body odor.

I don't want to call it B.O.-wood, but it definitely is doomed with bodily excrescent qualities...and its scent is unmistakably another example of nature repeating herself!

4 comments:

Eileen Emerson said...

Maybe it needs to be "stinkwood" then...

Libbytown said...

Hehee, that works.

Anonymous said...

Hеllo, Neat post. There iѕ an issue along with your site in web explorer, could check this?
IE ѕtill is the market chief and a laгge paгt of other pеople will omit your fantаstic writing duе to this pгoblem.



Visit my homepаge; pilates workout

Anonymous said...

Ι for all tіme emаilеd thіs blοg post page tο all
my аssoсiates, sincе if like to read it next
my links wіll tοo.

Here is my wеb blog :: Gardening Tips

Post a Comment