Sunday, November 22, 2009

Here it comes...

...the list of my Favorite Christmas Movies! I realize it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but Love, Actually begins 5 weeks before Christmas and I always think "shucks, I wish I had the foresight to savor Christmas spirit that early in the season..." and today the calendar said that 5 Weeks Before Christmas was LAST FRIDAY. Well, dang. With a sleeping little guy on the couch, I've decided to give this Rated R movie its 2009 debut. And it's making me feel Christmassy!

So, without further ado,

Smother of One edition of My Favorite Christmas Movies




Bill Nighy, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Billy Bob Thornton....if I need say more, you must run to the nearest phone and dial the digits "Nine One One" because, don't panic, but that faint breeze you're feeling is Jimmy waving bye-bye to your pulse (he's very keen on exits of all kinds, so don't wait. Dial! Everyone else may read on.)



PG humor that makes everyone snork. Bravo, Jon Favreau (and Will Ferrell probably deserves a few points, too.)



Christmas movie brought to us by the guy who made Crumb. Alarmingly kid-unfriendly, and makes us laugh all year long.



I don't typically like old movies, but I like this one. A lot!!!!




Not really a Christmas movie, but keeps its New Year's effervescence throughout the movie, which is fun and festive.



This one's kind of stupid and it has really bad roles for some of my very favorite actors, but the Jude Law of Attraction forces a magnetic pull from my eyes onto the screen. The English cottage is really cute, too.



Cousin Eddie's white v-neck sweater and black dickie turtleneck will always keep this movie on my list.



I love Bill Murray...and Buster Poindexter!



Wuh oh...I am being summonsed, will complete later...! Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment