Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Patriots' Day!

'Tis the third Monday of April so of course that means: it's Patriots' Day for us he-ah in Maine. Growing up I didn't know the whole country didn't have this holiday, to this day I'm still not quite sure what the holiday is all about (my eyes went blank when I just now looked it up on the Wikipedia--but all is not lost, I do think the Wiki eternally schooled me on where to put the apostrophe) and we celebrated with a patriotic dinner, of course. Featuring:

Franks & Beans



Bread from a can





And put all together with a soft-sided hot dog roll



Hope you had a Happy Patriots' Day (whatever it is....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Djeet...One If By Land, Two If By Sea! C'mon you know, the football team? Started by the Tea Party boys and girls.

Libbytown said...

Franks and beans!

Post a Comment