Friday, March 12, 2010

News Muse

I've recently picked up PBS reception and had one of those "holy crap" moments when I watched their 6 o'clock news, in 5 minutes I felt like there was a giant mass of noise and junk in my head, and that I put it there by watching network news for so long. Like, if I closed my eyes and thought about what I had learned from 5 solid years of ABC World News, all that came to mind were pharmaceutical commercials.

A few days later, last night I walked away from the tv altogether, I turned it off and turned on the radio--Coast to Coast (without Art Bell) was on and within moments I was filling Jimmy's magnadoodle with tips I didn't want to forget. I looked at the magnadoodle this morning, it said "Beans, Bullets, + Bandaids," that these were the items we needed to stock up on in preparation for 2012.

Oh kaaaaaay, maybe that was a little more extreme, which is probably why I cloud my mind with so much network junk. I guess I'm looking forward to maybe getting smahtah with BBC World News.

And many thanks to Andrea for this funny:


The formula of every news story, gotta love The Onion!

2 comments:

nobigbro said...

You are exactly right. Now that all of the broadcast media is owned by the big corporations news is a cash cow driven by ratings. I loved that faux news clip.

Anonymous said...

hey! try the new york times on line - granted a wee bias but it is my kinda bias! I really felt yesterday's blog - now if i were a fairy god-mother - seein as I'm not - i think u are doing wonders!

Post a Comment