Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Everybody shut up and look...

...forward," Wally dispatched to Jimmy, my nephew Alex, and me as I was crumpled up like a day-old newspaper ball that you'd use to rouse a woodfire, I was folded this way because Alex was in the passenger seat and Jimmy's carseat is on the center hump of the backseat of a VW Cabrio and a 2-door convertible is not designed to be a family car, or any multiple-personmover car. I had to crane my neck to see forward, and once I did I saw a Wienermobile. There are only 7 in existence so I can understand interrupting a post-Cracker Barrel conversation to point it out, why it may've been the first time I've seen one, I'm not sure. I do know it was the first time we visited our new Cracker Barrel, the place where I got in a mraaaaow mix with the waitress over the semantics of flavorless carbonated beverages (she didn't serve me the club soda I requested she said because the restaurant only carries seltzer water on tap) and it was at the Cracker Barrel where we also first learned that Jimmy might be allergic to whitefish. He had a bite of my haddock sandwich, chewed, spit, and puffed up like cute, red, splotchy, runny Jimmyfish. The "spirit" check remained positive (continued smiles, laughs, cuteness) but jeez, who knew! It makes me wonder what the Market Pantry popcorn shrimp is made out of, it's an allergen-free experience each time he eats those. Fishhhy....

Also, if you missed out on Wally's band's radio Christmas performance this morning, do not worry. You can listen to it here! Merry Krizmass!!!

1 comments:

Joan Welch said...

A wienermobile! That is quite the news! And good luck on the allergy front. I swear it's surprise allergies all around. Who knew Butter Pecan Ice Cream would cause Grace to have an all out hive fest the first time she ate it. And so, 16 years later, she hasn't had a pecan since that day.

Post a Comment