Sunday, May 2, 2010

Certified Phobiac

I stumbled upon this great list of phobias and am now immediately diagnosed with:

Anthropophobia- Fear of people or society (except I like you...on the internet, at least.)

Batophobia- Fear of heights (duh.)

Belonephobia- Fear of pins and needles (being stuck into my squishy EYE!)

Ceraunophobia- Fear of thunder and lightning (mostly fear of burning alive in my house.)

Chronomentrophobia- Fear of clocks (TEEK-TOCK, moment by moment do you know vhat ist getting closer...und closer...? MuuuuaaaaahhaHAHAHA!)

Climacophobia- Fear of stairs, climbing, or of falling downstairs (escalators, mostly.)

Cleithrophobia- Fear of being locked in an enclosed place ('Texas Funeral,' anyone?)

Coprastasophobia- Fear of constipation (the phobia which binds us all...)

Defecaloesiophobia- Fear of painful bowels movements (ew)

Epistaxiophobia- Fear of nosebleeds (especially when they evolve into BRAINBLEEDS, ack!)

Ergophobia- Fear of work (SO WHAT! I'm still a good person....)

Graphophobia- Fear of writing or handwriting (I'm not he only one who thinks small handwriting is waxy and smells bad?)

Microphobia- Fear of small things (like handwriting, and pinpoints inserted into my eyeballs!)

Neopharmaphobia- Fear of new drugs (Big Pharma makes the tobacco industry look like a fruitcart!)

Nomatophobia- Fear of names (Blake, Lee, Clark, Chad, Jaxon, NO!)

Omphalophobia- Fear of belly buttons (the thought of sticking pins and needles in them, bluugghhaahhhhuuuugggghhhbbrrrrrbbb!)

Seplophobia- Fear of decaying matter (rotting teethmarks on apples are SO GROSS!)

Walloonphobia- Fear of the Walloons (Wuh-oh.)

Wow, I didn't even know I had some of these! And there are dozens more I won't list because a) they're pretty un-P.C., and b) they aren't listed (what do they call a fear of tags?----bllluuucgghhhccch!) Join in the fun and diagnose your own phobias at Phobialist.com today!

2 comments:

Chrissi said...

I have a brother named Chad and a pierced navel. I'm like your worst nightmare. ;)

I'm not afraid of heights, but I do get woozy. Does that count? ;)

Libbytown said...

Chrissi---I knew I'd feel guilty listing names, particularly Chad. And pierced bb's aren't *that* bad, it's more like piercing the knotty part of the belly button that make me squidghy. And yeah, all phobias count! ;)

Post a Comment