Saturday, September 12, 2009

Free Range Saturday Sauce: Rex Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon

I thought I wasn't going to have anything new to report this week until last night when I discovered that Shaw's raised the price on Golden Gate from 2.99 to 3.99. The GG is a deal at 2.99, but at 3.99...the dollar honestly isn't worth it. So for this week's new vino I ended up with HRM Rex Goliath.



The 47 pound rooster cabernet sold for 5.99 on sale from 8.49. My first glass was rich and roasty, not licorice-y and I knew it was a deal. I paired it with stuffed shells.




I was sooo happy with this combo and went nighty-nights with a full belly and all was well in dreamy-dreamland until, at 12:58 am I was woken up by the rudest rash of heartburn ever! I know that roosters are supposed to wake you up early, but this was ridiculous so I have to rate HRM an R for a Cock-a-Doodle-Rolaids. Still, at the price I would probably buy the bird again, just hold the spag sauce.

1 comments:

Chrissi said...

Ooh...I was looking at your pix longingly and thinking, "Oh, if only I could eat that without the inevitable heartburn..." =D At least it's not just me!

I've made the switch to penne vodka sauce all the time so I can have an extra glass of wine with pasta without the Tums-after-dinner-treat. ;) Now if only I could forgo the sweet italian sausage, too... ;)

Post a Comment